Our maize starch factory at Krefeld-Linn has been standing for over 60 years – right on the Rhine harbor. We produce high-quality starches and sweeteners from the raw material maize for the food and technical industries.
Typical areas of application are, for example, marmalades, jams, sweets, gummy bears, chewing gum, custard powder, and many other finished products for mixing. Furthermore, our maize starch is also required in technical applications in the paper and wallpaper industry.
More than 550 qualified and dedicated staff are employed at our Krefeld location in various production and administration departments.
History of the location
- 1946: Start of starch (Maizena) and dextrose (corn sugar) production in Krefeld-Uerdingen
- 1949: Start-up of maize-grinding into starch in Krefeld−Uerdingen
- 1954: Maize starch factory put into operation under the company name Maizena in Krefeld−Linn
- 1987: Takeover of Maizena by Gruppo Ferruzzi – Company name changed to Cerestar
- 1992: Incorporation of Cerestar into Eridania−Béghin−Say
- 2002: Acquisition of the Cerestar Group by Cargill Incorporated, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2006: Renamed to Cargill Deutschland GmbH
Lots of raw materials are produced in Krefeld for the processing industry and end consumers.
- Natural and modified maize starches
- Starches / starch mixtures
- Dextrose – liquid and crystalline (monohydrate and anhydrate)
- Sorbitol – liquid and crystalline
- Glucose-fructose syrup
- Isomalt – liquid and crystalline
- Maltitol syrup
- Co-products for the animal feed industry
- Crude maize-germ oil
- Maize gluten
Why we get involved locally – Corporate responsibility
Nature, the environment, nutrition, and education are our issues. On this basis, we concern ourselves with community-related projects and social institutions, such as the following:
- Planting of deciduous and fruit trees in Krefeld's town center and on school grounds
- Supporting the Krefeld Tafel e.V. (food bank) with regular meal deliveries
- Creation of campaign days with Krefeld school pupils and youth clubs
Resource conservation in Krefeld
We work continuously on developing energy-efficient processes in our factory. We power our factory with a modern combined heat and power plant. By converting waste heat into a heating steam, energy consumption has been able to be reduced. This has resulted in a significant reduction in fuel quantity and CO2 emissions. We were decorated for this innovative heat recovery concept with the energy efficiency prize of IHK Mittlerer Niederrhein in 2014.
Cargill Deutschland GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)2151 575-01
Fax: +49 (0)2151 572-583
Investment in Krefeld
Questions about the investment?
Please send a message to [email protected]