The Frankfurt location was founded in March 2006. The biodiesel plant in the Industriepark Höchst started its production in September 2006. Cargill set up a glycerin refinery at the existing plant in 2008, which has been in operation since 2009. The large plant covers a surface of approximately 10,000 square meters. The location's infrastructure and the logistical benefits are of great advantage, especially the direct link to the Main river for delivery and dispatch on the shipping route.
On site we employ 60 qualified and dedicated staff in various fields of activity of production and administration.
- Biodiesel – Has become used across Europe for admixing with mineral diesel. This makes the large global mineral companies important customers. The raw material used for biodiesel production is predominantly rapeseed oil.
- Glycerin – Is contained in everyday use products; e.g. toothpaste / oral hygiene products, skin and hair care, in cooking and beverages, even drugs
- Biodiesel – The raw material used for biodiesel production is predominantly rapeseed oil and can potentially also be supplemented with other vegetable oils.
Local mineral oil distributors supply the gas station network in the region with biodiesel which is "Made by Cargill." Fatty acids that arise in the preliminary cleaning phase are also marketed as a product.
Glycerin results from the production of biodiesel. A sought-after product is derived from the raw glycerin through the refinement process, which is then supplied to our customers in the food and cosmetics industry, for animal feed manufacture, or as a raw material in technical production operations.
Why we get involved locally / corporate responsibility
Sustainability, nutrition, and education are very important issues for Cargill. Our Frankfurt colleagues support these issues energetically on a voluntary basis with the "Cares Council" – a group of volunteer employees who actively support projects in the local area. Social institutions and projects are supported financially and energetically in the areas neighboring Cargill and Frankfurt.
Examples of our involvement:
- A partnership and friendship over many years ties us to Sindlingen Kindergarten
- "Together for more diversity on arable land." The heart of the project is the introduction of flower strips for promoting flower-pollinating insects to contribute towards biodiversity.
- Financial support from the "Lebensmittelausgabe Frankfurt-Höchst" [Frankfurt Höchst Food Bank].
- Run for a good cause – Participation of Cargill employees in the "JP Morgan Chase Run" and "Run for Children"
Building C 332 Biodiesel
65926 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 (0)69 305 857−60
Fax: +49 (0)69 305 857−65