Since June 1st 2011 Cargill is the official owner of the plants and the business of the former Schwartauer Werke GmbH & Co. KG Kakao Verarbeitung Berlin (KVB).
This step means now we have two new manufacturing locations in Berlin and our production is increasing by 75,000 metric tons chocolate per year.
The two locations in Berlin are employing around 180 people.
As Germany’s leading manufacturer of cocoa products, our customers include major European bakery, sweeteners and ice-cream makers.
- 1964 The Kakao Verarbeitung Berlin GmbH & Co. KG was established in former West Berlin and co-founded by a group of merchants
- 1977 The Kakao Verarbeitung Berlin was sold to Dr Arend Oetker
- 1979 KVB was incorporated into the Schwartau Group
- 2002 Foundation of Schwartau Food Ingredients
- 2003 The purchase of Gustav F. W. Hamester GmbH & Co. KG, a plant situated in Flottenstraße in the Berlin district of Reinickendorf
- 2004 Renaming of the company to "Schwartauer Werke GmbH & Co. KG – Kakao Verarbeitung Berlin"
- 2007 A new roasting facility commenced operation in Flottenstraße
- 2011 Acquisition by Cargill Incorporated, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2011 Change of legal entity name to Cargill GmbH (Salzgitter)
The Cargill GmbH Berlin buys all kinds of cocoa from just about all cocoa-producing regions around the world. Our wide range of products is based on a whole array of recipes for chocolates and couvertures:
- Premium fine chocolates and the best of organic and Fairtrade cocoa
- Classic chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder in a variety of colour nuances
- Consumption cocoa mass
- Sophisticated cocoa blends of exotic origin
- Cocoa butter
All our products are made from high-grade raw ingredients which meet our special quality standards.
Additional informationen about our cocoa & chocolate portfolio you can get at Cargill´s international cocoa & chocolate homepage.