Our purpose is to be the global leader in nourishing people.
Our mission is to create distinctive value and our approach is to be trustworthy, creative and enterprising.
Our performance measures are engaged employees, satisfied customers, enriched communities and profitable growth.
Cargill´s private ownership allows managers and employees to take a long-term view of the business.
Throughout its history, the company has sought to build solid businesses capable of sustained competition on a global basis.
It is our policy to reinvest the majority of our earnings back into the business, thus promoting long-term growth and expansion of the company.
In diversifying, we are careful to add businesses that fit the company´s traditional core competencies, which include food processing, and knowledge of the global marketplace and risk management.
Cargill and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies conduct business throughout the world.
All of the countries in which we operate have laws and customs governing business behavior.
Cargill´s policy, however, is constant.
Instead, below are the seven basic Guiding Principles that form the framework in which to examine any problem arising in any country:
- Cargill will comply with the laws of all countries to which it is subject.
- Cargill will not knowingly assist any third party to violate any law of any country, by creating false documents or any other means.
- Cargill will not pay or receive bribes or participate in any other unethical, fraudulent or corrupt practice.
- Cargill will always honor all business obligations that it undertakes with absolute integrity.
- Cargill will keep its business records in a manner that accurately reflects the true nature of its business transactions.
- Cargill managers and supervisors will be responsible that employees, consultants and contract workers under their supervision are familiar with applicable laws and company policies and comply with them.
Further, they will be responsible for preventing, detecting and reporting any violations of law or Cargill policies.
- Cargill employees will not become involved in situations that create a conflict of interest between the company and the employee.
These standards and Guiding Principles apply to all employees of Cargill worldwide.